One size doesn’t fit all.
That is true with the approach to arterial disease reversal and prevention of its deadly consequences. Our approach, based largely but not exclusively on The Bale Doneen Method, is more successful because it is personalized for each individual.
Assessment is personalized to each individual’s needs, based on severity of known disease, risk of development of future disease, and available resources.
We offer 4 general levels of initial assessment:
· Detect Chronic Disease Screen
· Core Chronic Disease Assessment
· Comprehensive Chronic Disease Assessment
Optimal Chronic Disease Assessment
Detect Chronic Disease Screen
Our Detect Chronic Disease Screen is a low cost alternative to other ways of screening for arterial disease, including stress tests and the Lifeline Screening program. Screening tests are not covered by Medicare or insurance programs, so we make it affordable for everyone.
For $100 and 30 minutes of your time, we
· Identify atherosclerotic plaque with carotid ultrasound
· Identify insulin resistance, the cause of Type 2 Diabetes and a cause of arterial disease, with body composition analysis
· Screen for atrial fibrillation with a 1 lead EKG
· Assess risk for chronic disease based on a brief questionnaire
Core Chronic Disease Assessment
The Core Chronic Disease Assessment provides a cost effective assessment for those who are at moderate risk for chronic disease. It includes
· Carotid Intima Media Thickness ultrasound
o Arterial Age
o Atherosclerotic Plaque Type and Burden
o Lipids, including advanced lipid testing
o Inflammation testing beyond CRP (LpPLA2, Myeloperoxidase)
o Vitamin D
· Body Composition Analysis (InBody 570)
· Consultation to review findings and offer a plan for further, individualized assessment and treatment
Followup with labs and review in 3 months
Cost $1500 maximum out of pocket offset by 3rd party payment for covered services. We estimate that 50% or more of these costs will be covered by insurance.
Comprehensive Chronic Disease Assessment
The Comprehensive Chronic Disease Assessment is for those who have had a Heart Attack, Stroke, or related interventions or higher risk or concern; Its cost of $4000 can save far more by preventing far more costly events. It includes:
· The Core Center for Prevention Assessment Components
· Genetic testing to enable personalization of care and the application of Precision base prescribing
o Haptoglobin genotype
o Oral DNA Periopath
· Additional inflammation testing and screening for ischemia, heart failure and sleep apnea
· More comprehensive consultation and counseling
Followup labs and review in 3 months
Followup CIMT, labs and review in 6 months
InBody measurement at intervals as recommended
Cost $4000 maximum out of pocket offset by 3rd party payment for covered services (estimated 25-50% of costs covered by insurance, but personal cost far less than the personal cost of a heart attack or stroke or uncontrolled chronic disease
The Optimal Chronic Disease Assessment
The Optimal Chronic Disease Assessment includes the features of the Comprehensive Assessment PLUS
My PGT Tm pharmacogenetic testing to guide medication and supplement safety and interactions ($800 if billed separately)
$250 credit to use at Crossfit Instinct Longevity or the fitness center of your choice
$100 credit for GudGut.Life meal program
Unlimited access to individualized nutrition counseling/support and InBody measurement for 6 months
Cost: $6000 maximum out of pocket offset by 3rd party payment for covered services (estimated 25% of cost covered by insurance, but personal costs still far less than the cost of a heart attack stroke or uncontrolled chronic disease)
Payment is requested at the time services are scheduled to encourage completion of the entire planned assessment and followup.
Once the evaluation is finished, an ongoing treatment plan is offered as part of an affordable, bundled payment plan.
Ongoing Management is offered based on a Membership model. A monthly or annual fee covers periodic
Labs and Annual CIMT.
Body Composition Analysis and Monitoring
Consultations in person or online/telephone
Insurance and Medicare
· Medicare is billed on a fee for service basis. An annual membership fee of $900 covers services not covered by Medicare.
· Insurance claims are submitted on your behalf, counted toward deductibles
· Receipts from insurance are paid to you, offsetting some of the cost of the assessment package. The amount varies depending on plan policies for coverage, deductible status and copayments due. Claims are applied against deductibles.
Comprehensive and Optimal Assessments make you eligible for refund of Ongoing Management Fees in the highly unlikely event of a heart attack or stroke while managed according to the Personalized Proactive Plan.